The CGS After School Program Advisory Committee and the USD Colby Public School Board have determined that due to state budget cuts there must be a fee increase in order to sustain the After School program. The After School program fees are being increased from $15 a month to $25. For reduced lunch status students the fee will increase from $2.25 to $5 a month. For free lunch status students there be no charge. This will go into effect in January of 2015. If you have already submitted the January payment, please submit the additional fee. This increase is necessary to be able to continue to support the program serving over more than 165 community children.
Please feel free to contact me at 785-460-5106 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support.
What is the CGS After School Program
Please read the Informational Parent Letter
from Kathy Vaughn, Program Director
Informational Parent Letter en Español
Click on the links below to download enrollment and other forms:
(Adobe Reader required to view files)
Welcome to the 2016-2017 CGS After School Program. This year’s theme is Superheroes in Training! Students will participate in many fun and educational enrichment sessions. Academics will be supported and enhanced by tutoring, providing homework assistance, and extending learning designed to meet each child’s needs.
Program Dates and Times
September 6, 2016-May 18, 2017 Monday-Thursday After school -5:30 p.m.
*The After School Program will follow the USD 315 calendar with the exception of the following dates:
- November 21-22 closed
- January 5th closed
- Please contact the Grade School Office at 460-5100 before 3:00 if your child will not be attending. Notes may also be written in student’s planner.
- Any calls or emails to the CGS After School Office after 3:00 may not be received.
Fees: Monthly per child
- Free lunch status students-no charge, Reduced lunch status students-$5 other students $25
- Fee is nonrefundable and must be paid by the 5th of each month. Please be sure to put your child’s name on the check.
- Students are to be picked up by 5:30. No exceptions. Parents will be called at 5:31. If a parent must be called more than three times a semester for a late pick up, the child will not be allowed to attend the program. The program is running on a VERY limited budget.
- Grades K-1 Loading zones-front of the primary building
- Grades 2-5 loading zone –playground
- Siblings will be picked up at the youngest child’s pick up zone
- Students will start arriving at the loading zones by 5:05. Please wait for your child there if at all possible. It may not be possible to have a staff member in the office allowing entry into the building.
Daily Schedule (Subject to change)
3:30-4:05 Snack /Nutrition/Health and wellness
5:05- Students will begin arriving at loading zones
5:30 All students MUST be picked up
A Facebook page has been created for the After School Program. Go to the following link https://www.facebook.com/groups/144043119125735/ and ask to join.
Please contact me with any questions, concerns, or suggestions.